Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dream Spirit.

   It must have been around 1:00 a.m. last night and I really can't tell you if I was even asleep. I was lying in my bed, the bottom bed of a bunk bed (there is no one atop me) and the only person in the room. I have a blanket draped over from the top so you can't see all the crazy things I am doing in here if you know what I mean. I was just laying there, on my left side, facing the wall, attempting sleep or maybe in the first stage of sleep, like I said I am not too sure. I get uncomfortable when I lay on my side for too long, it hurts my shoulders and my hip. So I casually turned over to face the draping blanket. Maybe my eyes were open already, maybe my eyes were closed and this was a dream, however real it felt. It felt really real. Right in front of me is someone, underneath the blanket drape, looking right at me, inches away from. I jumped and retreated with my back to wall. 
   "Who is that?' I half chuckled with fear dripping into my veins, pumping my heart like steam engine. 'No, really! Who the fuck is that?' thinking it's just someone else that lives up here, fucking with me. 
   This person hasn't moved and at this point I am terrified. I grabbed my pillow and pushed/threw it in the face of this person. My adrenaline was like the last seconds before a car crash, I could feel my whole body. I reached over to the far side of the blanket, where the light and door are. I fumbled for a second or two, but I managed to get the door open. Light spilled in from the hallway. My scared eyes instantly grew wide while scanning the inside of my room. Nothing. No one. I thought I had heard the click of the bathroom door. A door that leads into the bathroom, then the next room whom we share a bathroom with. Questions of reality were filling me head, I kept the door open for at least a minute or two more. Maybe the culprit would exit the other room, thinking they had escaped their prank. Nothing. No one. 
   I kept the door open, kept the light spilling into my room. The room across from me had my friend inside of it, door open and playing video games. He was the only person that would have done this to me and there was no way he could have casually made it across the hall from the far room and began playing video games. My hairs were on end like a scarred cat stuck in a tree without night vision. I tore the blanket drape down and left the door ajar. I lied back down, relieved but in a state of minor shock. I would say it didn't take me much longer to fall asleep, I was really quite tired. But for the first 10-15 minutes I couldn't keep my eyes closed for more than a minute.
   What spirit is watching me? Who were you? Next time, speak up... Don't leave me hanging there, in the dark.


No comments: